IDT DNA/RNA Oligo Synthesis
IDT DNA & RNA Oligo Synthesis
UMGC offers custom DNA, RNA, Ultramers in 96-well and 384-well plate formats. Oligo synthesis services in quantities ranging from 10 nmole to 10 umole scales through IDT. Oligos can be ordered as individual tubes or in plate format as well as standard desalted or purified (HPLC or PAGE). IDT offers a wide range of Modifications. Oligo QC includes individual mass spec analysis and CE reports. In addition to general DNA/RNA Oligos, IDT offers multiple products that can be ordered using the online ordering IDT Portal (including gBlocks, Gene synthesis, etc.).
UMGC Service Rates
Notice: The rates shown are begin April 21, 2014.
Internal Rates For Most Popular Items
Service Option Unit
Oligo Synthesis. 25-nmol scale. Standard desalted. 15-60 bases in length. per base any # oligos
Oligo Synthesis. 100-nmol scale. Standard desalted. 10-90 bases in length. per base
any # oligos
Oligo Synthesis. 250-nmol scale. Standard desalted. 5-100 bases in length.
per base any # oligos
Oligo Synthesis. 1-umol scale. Standard desalted. 5-100 bases in length. per base any # oligos
Oligo Synthesis. 10-nmol scale. 96-well plate. 15-60 bases in length. per base 24+ oligos
To view University of Minnesota preferred pricing for other products, login to the IDT Portal through the ONLINE ORDERING SYSTEM. Please consult with UMGC staff with any questions at 612-624-3177 or email@example.com.
How To Order
University researchers can order by placing an online order by entering the ONLINE ORDERING SYSTEM.
For further information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-624-3177.
We will e-mail you when your primers are ready. Primers can be picked up from one of our locations listed below.
- 1-202 Nils Hasselmo Hall
- 28 Snyder Hall
- 1-210 Cancer & Cardiovascular Research Building
IDT Portal Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access the Portal?
• Enter the UMGC Online Ordering System.
• Log into your account using your x.500 number, or create an account and add EFS chart string if necessary.
• Select the Order Forms tab at the top of the page.
• Select the “Custom Oligos via IDT Portal” form.
• Fill PI Information and pick your EFS, then “Launch UMGC IDT Portal”.
How do I create an account on the Online Ordering System?
• To create an account on the Online Ordering System, you need a University ID number, an x.500 number, and EFS Chart String information.
• Click the Online Ordering System button in the left margin of this webpage.
• Click the “Create Account” link.
• Follow the steps and fill in your information.
How do I place an order on the Portal?
As an example, an order for a simple oligonucleotide order is as follows, however, other products will have different ordering procedures:
• Enter the Portal.
• Click the Products tab to be redirected to the Products page.
• Select Custom DNA Oligos from the Products page.
• Choose the number of oligos you would like to order (this can be changed in the form as well).
• Select the scale and purification.
• Insert the Sequence Name and the Sequence.
• Select any modifications you would like in the sequence.
• Add to Order.
• If your order is complete, Checkout, otherwise, Continue Shopping.
• Select whether you want Paper or Electronic Spec. Sheets, continue to the next page, choose your Pickup Location, then Submit the order. Before you can place another order, YOU MUST create the order on the UMGC’s ONLINE ORDER SYSTEM, NOT on the IDT Portal itself.
How do I view my Order History and look into previous orders?
Your Order History is visible on the IDT Portal. To view a previous order made on the Portal:
• You should keep a Pending Order on your account permanently.
• Click the Order Number, you will then be redirected to the Portal.
• In the Order drop-down menu at the top of the Portal window, select Order History.
• Or you can Create a new order, then follow the same steps as above.
Here you can view the order contents, download spec. sheets, and download the QC documents for any of orders you have placed on the Portal.
What products can I order on the Portal?
All of IDT’s products are available except for the Oligo Cards & Miscellaneous category.
Where can I learn more about IDT’s products?
Each of IDT’s products has a brief overview, which can be found by going to the product’s individual page, located under the Products tab. IDT also has an extensive FAQ and other resources under the Support tab. For more specific information, you can contact IDT directly by going to the Contact page under the Support tab.
Will I get an email confirmation?
Yes, you will receive a Confirmation email after your order has been approved by the UMGC and IDT. The email will generally be sent the next business day following your order date (usually in the morning).
Why am I unable to Submit my order?
If you have recently placed an order on the Portal, then it is likely that you did not completely log out of the Online Ordering System, and so your new order did not generate an Internal Order Number. To correct this, you will need to log out of the Online Ordering System completely, and then log in again. Any items that have been added to your cart will be saved. If this is not the case, then please contact us via email at email@example.com, or phone, 612-624-3177, so we can help resolve the issue.
How will I receive my order?
Each order will be packaged in a shipping envelope with your name on the envelope; the oligo(s) and paper spec. sheet(s) are included in the envelope.
What is the Portal?
The Portal is a link to a specialized IDT website, it allows you to have access to all of IDT’s products and tools with the UMGC’s pricing.
Who can access the Portal?
In order to use the Portal, a new researcher must have a University ID number and x.500 number. Researchers use their Online Ordering System account to access the IDT Portal. No changes need to be made to these accounts.
What is the best web browser to access the IDT Portal?
The recommended web browsers to use are Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Google Chrome is not recommended as the Portal has had complications and does not work correctly on Chrome.
Why do I see a blank screen after I log in to the Portal?
Sometimes it takes a few seconds to redirect to the IDT site or your web browser may be blocking entry to IDT's site. You may need to add an exception for www.idtdna.com and www.umn.edu.
If I am a researcher from a different University of Minnesota campus, can I still order?
Yes, as long as you have a University ID number and x.500 number you can order through the Portal. You will need to email your FedEx account number and shipping address to firstname.lastname@example.org, in order for your order to be shipped to you.
Why did it change?
We made the change to the Portal in order to provide more of IDT’s products and services to University researchers through the UMGC. The Portal allows researchers to have more direct control over their orders. There is no longer a transfer of orders from the Online Ordering System to IDT, reducing the possibility of errors.